Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Monument Jog


The other day, 33Miles travelled thru the night to D.C. to spend a day off in our nation's capital.  We arrived very early in the morning and I found it very hard to go to sleep so I decided to do something I have always wanted to do...go jogging in the Mall (which is that area in front of the Capital and between all the museums and monuments, etc...)!  I embarked on a 2 hour run to experience D.C. like never before and had a blast!  I ran to each major monument and would hang out for a few minutes taking pics and soaking in the history and then run to the next!  I visited the Capital, Washington Monument, the White House, the Vietnam Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Arlington Cemetery, FDR Memorial, and my personal favorite, the Jefferson Memorial.  I was especially moved my the FDR Memorial.  I had forgotten that he is the only president that served 4 terms.  He had overcome great adversity in his handicap to inspire a nation during such an important time in American history.  Not to mention he said some really cool things.  Do you ever wish that you said things that sounded so inspired and intelligent that people would carve them into a monument one day?  Me too, but that's a long shot for yours truly.  It was a GREAT morning; although, my calves were killing me afterwards (due in part to new shoes) but it was totally worth it!  I would highly recommend seeing D.C. this way!  


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice first "official" post. It only gets easier after this.

Nathan said...

YES!! This is the day I've waited for, for a long time! Jase! I'm proud of you. Big step for you.

Welcome!

Erin said...

So glad you have joined the blog world! I saw your link on Jen's! Wow - jogging to the national monuments - that's pretty impressive. Isn't it awesome to visit those and soak it all in? Hope you all are doing great! :-)