Friday, October 24, 2008

Boo!

The Barton clan rolled in last night from a few days off in Louisiana visiting family. The entire time we were home Jake kept talking about wanting to get some pumpkins and carve them. I don't know where he is picking this up because this is something we have never done together before. In fact, Halloween is not an occasion I like to celebrate. Candy, YES!!! Halloween, NO! For some reason he is all into it, so I decided that it would be ok for us carve pumpkins. We got up early and went and got 2 pumpkins. Jake had a blast picking them out and I knew I would have a blast carving! I had already picked up a carving kit on our way home the day before. Jake decided that he wanted a pirate pumpkin! Mommy isn't to thrilled that we have a skull and crossbones on our front porch but I guess that what you get when you have 3 boys (no we aren't pregnant! I included myself in the count)!!! I think it turned out pretty good. What do you think???

2 comments:

aprildo said...

Great lookin' pumpkin. Happy Halloween!

Unknown said...

Love the pumpkin. our's is 'old school' (look at pics on facebook).

Take care,
Jada